As the sun sets, you don your dive gear, slip on your scuba mask and bite down on your dive regulator. A deep breath and you step off the boat – into the underwater night. Although you’ve seen this reef many times before, this time you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light.
The Fun Part
See amazing nocturnal critters like lobsters when you go night divingIntroduce yourself to the whole new cast of critters that comes out after the sun goes down. See your favorite dive sites from a whole new perspective at night.
What You Learn
* Night dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems
* How to control your buoyancy at night
* Entries, exits and underwater navigation at night
* Nocturnal aquatic life, since many of the plants and animals you'll see are different
The Learning Materials You Need
Night Diving – there’s really nothing like it. With the right training and a little bit of planning, night dives can be as easy as diving during the day. PADI’s Night Diver crewpak (manual and video on DVD) will help you prepare for your first night dives with a PADI Instructor. Topics covered include: tips for navigating at night, night diving etiquette, establishing an entry and exit point, and how to maintain your underwater light system.
You must be
* A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification
(or qualifying certification from another organization).